BT is in the process of moving all Wrap accounts across to their Panorama platform this year in batches. BGL will automatically convert and create the relevant BT Panorama feeds for your funds.
BT Panorama provides the following integrations with Simple Fund 360
- BT Panorama to simple Fund 360 - A data feed from BT Panorama to Simple Fund 360 provides you with a daily data feed of assets held within an SMSF’s BT Panorama account including cash and investment information, market values, transactions and income components. It can be granted on either an Adviser or Account level and a Historical data refresh is provided by default.
- Simple Fund 360 to BT Panorama - A connection can be activated to automatically retrieve external asset and additional SMSF information (such as member balances, member contributions caps and pension limits) from BGL Simple Fund 360 through to an SMSF’s BT Panorama account.
BT Panorama to Simple Fund 360
You can establish a data feed from BT Panorama to Simple Fund 360 that will provide you with a daily data feed of assets held within a client’s BT Panorama SMSF account including cash and investment information, market values, transactions and income components.
The data feed can be established as follows:
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Connect|
|Select Feed Management from the list.|
|Select the Wraps and Platforms Global tab.|
1. From the Wrap and Platform Global tab, select (+) Setup.
2. The Setup Wrap and Platform Feed screen will appear. Begin typing the fund name into the field and select it from the drop-down list below.
3. Select BT Panorama as the Feed Provider.
4. Input the External Reference/Account ID.
You can find the Account ID on the top right-hand corner of your BT Panorama Cash Statement. The Account ID is usually the Client Number.
Note: If data has been entered manually for this feed prior to its activation, input a Do not import data before date in the relevant field to the last date of manual data entry.
5. Select the BT Panorama Cash Management Account for the fund the authority is being granted for (authority will need to be granted for each bank account).
If you do not set this up, the feed will automatically create new accounts and you might end up with duplicate accounts.
6. Select Save
7. Request authorisation to receive a data feed of your client’s BT Panorama account data into your Simple Fund 360 software:
For client’s with a BT Panorama Adviser:
- Ask your client to send a request to their BT Panorama Adviser to authorise a data feed for ‘BGL Simple Fund 360’
For client’s WITHOUT a BT Panorama Adviser:
- Ask your client to send an authorisation email to BT Panorama (template provided below)
Email address: email@example.com
Email subject: BGL 360 – BT Panorama data feed request (Account subscription)
Dear Panorama support,
Please setup a data feed to BGL Simple Fund 360 for the below account(s) under my investor ID <2xxxxxxxx> with a daily update frequency.
I authorise my account data to be sent to BGL Corporate Solutions.
8. The authority process can take up to 5-6 business days. Once approved data will begin feeding into Simple Fund 360.
Simple Fund 360 to BT Panorama
If you are an accountant linked to an SMSF BT Panorama account, you may receive a request to authorise the connection to your accounting software.
To authorise BT Panorama to access the SMSF’s details within BGL Simple Fund 360 you can choose from two options:
1. Authorise BT Panorama to access all your SMSF’s on BGL Simple Fund 360
- By authorising access to all funds upfront, you will not need to provide authorisation again if an adviser or investor (where no adviser is present) subsequently requests access on behalf of another SMSF.
- BT Panorama will only request information from BGL for SMSFs that have a Panorama account and where the adviser on that account has requested to connect to your accounting.
- BT Panorama will send you a notification each time an additional SMSF is linked.
2. Authorise BT Panorama to access one or more individual SMSFs on BGL Simple Fund 360
- By only authorising selected SMSFs, you will subsequently need to update the authorisation each time an adviser or investor (where no adviser is present) requests access on behalf of an additional SMSF.
With either option please ensure the SMSF’s ABN is recorded in Simple Fund 360 so that we can link the data.
Click here for activation instructions.
Option 1 - Authorise BT Panorama to access all your funds on BGL SF360
- Sign in to BT Panorama.
- From your client list, select the account that the adviser or investor has requested access to.'
- Within the account, navigate to Portfolio > External assets page and select Authorise.
A modal is displayed to confirm the connection with BGL.
4. Select Connect
BGL will open in a separate window
5. Log in to BGL if you are not already logged in. The Please Confirm page is displayed.
6. Select Authorise to authorise connection for all funds.
You will be redirected back to Panorama. The connection is now activated and the fund’s external assets and additional fund information are now retrieved directly from the BGL Simple Fund 360.
Option 2 - Authorise Panorama to access one or more individual funds on BGL SF360
1. Sign in to Panorama.
2. From your client list, select the account that the adviser or investor has requested access to.
Within the account, navigate to Portfolio > External assets page and select Authorise.
A modal is displayed to confirm the connection with BGL.
4. Select Connect.
BGL is displayed in a separate window.
5. Log in to BGL SF360 (if you are not already logged in).
The Please Confirm page is displayed.
6. SELECT the funds to specify the fund or funds to authorise.
7. By default, the Auto Enable Funds toggle option is selected. This means that every current fund and any newly added fund will be automatically authorised (once Authorise is selected).
Distribution transactions and tax components
Simple Fund 360 automatically updates wrap feed distribution transactions with their respective final tax components when the annual statement is made available.
For more information, please refer to Distribution transactions and tax components
The following instructions are for the adviser to authorise the feed on the BT Panorama platform.
- When the adviser logs into BT Panorama, the adviser will need to navigate to the Data Feeds Screen (Business > Data feeds)
- Click on the ‘Create new data feed' button:
- The below pop-up will appear where they will need to select the following;
- Software Provider/Vendor – in this case, it will be ‘BGL Simple Fund 360’.
- The subscription level – generally for BGL it will be account level.
The adviser will then need to enter the account name or number for the fund they are authorising. Alternatively the adviser can select 'Adviser' subscription level if they want to send data for all of their accounts to BGL.
- Once they have completed the above, please tick the box authorising BT Panorama to send the data to BGL. Then click ‘Create Feed’.
- The first file will then run overnight.