A file import function is available for MLC users to import investment data. A daily feed is coming soon.
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Connect.|
|Select Feed Management from the list.||
Select the Wraps and Platforms Global tab.
The Wraps and Platforms screen can now be filtered to either a Global or Fund view. The Global view will show all Wrap accounts for your Simple Fund 360 firm, while the Fund view will display Wrap accounts specifically for the selected fund.
Add Feed - Each Fund
- From the Wrap and Platform Global tab, select (+) Setup.
- In the Wrap Feed Setup screen the entity name will appear.
- Select MLC as the Feed Provider.
- Input the External Reference/Account ID.
Note: If data has been entered manually for this feed prior to its activation, input a Do not import data before date in the relevant field to the last date of manual data entry.
- Select the Bank Account for the feed.
If you do not set this up, the feed will automatically create new accounts and you might end up with duplicate accounts.
Select Save. Complete this for each fund.
MLC File Export
To export the file for upload refer to an extract below from the MLC Wrap and Navigator Investor Online instructions. The full guide can be downloaded here (page 15).
MLC File Import
- A manual file received from MLC within the sent zip folder can be uploaded into Simple Fund 360.
- From the Wrap and Platform Global tab, under the Actions column, select the Import Manual File icon.
- Ensure MLC XML Import has been selected on the left hand side.
- Select the box located next to File Location to upload the XML File. Ensure the XML file is stored on your computer or network.
If the XML is a bulk file containing data for more than one fund, you can upload the file following the steps above. Ensure Bulk Fund Import is selected and that MLC has been setup for each fund prior to uploading a bulk file.
What data is imported?
All cash, income (dividends, interest, distributions), and investment transactions will be allocated to the correct account in Simple Fund 360. For purchases of new investments not previously held by the fund, new accounts will be created and transactions will be automatically allocated.
Which transactions will be matched?
Investment and income transactions will be automatically matched to their corresponding cash transactions by Simple Fund 360.
Any cash transaction that is not investment related (e.g. an expense) will be automatically matched once Transaction Matching Rules have been set up.