Adding the contact for a Lodging Party
When adding a Lodging Party contact, you need to ensure that the contact has an ABN attached if the lodging party is a tax agent or business intermediary.
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Settings.||
|Select Contacts (beta) from the list.||
Adding or Editing the ABN of a Lodging Party Contact
- Search for the contact from the list.
- Click on the contact to edit it.
Ensure there is an ABN attached. If there is an ABN attached already, ensure that the ABN is correct.
You can log in to Access Manager to confirm that the ABN is correct.
- Select Save.
Updating the Lodging Party
If you already had a lodging party attached before creating entries, you do not need to reverse and re-create entries to update Section K in the SMSF Annual Return. You can follow the steps below to update the ABN.
- Go to Compliance | Tax Compliance.
- Under the SMSF Annual Return menu on the left-hand side, select Section K (Declarations).
- Select Update Lodging Party. This will update the ABN field under Section K: Declarations.