The Investment Strategy Comparison report will assist in confirming a fund's actual asset allocation to its projected allocation.
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Reports.||
How to prepare
To download an individual report in PDF, Word or Excel format:
1. On the left-hand side of the Reports screen, search for the Investment Strategy Comparison Report from the Investment Reports list.
2. Select the green arrow to add the report to the Report Pack List.
3. Select either Download PDF, Download Word or Download Excel.
You can also add this report to a Report Pack. See Reports for instructions.
How Asset Category is applied
There are two methods where users can manually update the asset category for an investment.
Method 1. System and/or Custom Tags
1. Navigate to Accounting from the Main Toolbar and select Chart of Accounts.
2. Select the sub-account of the investment by checking the box, then from the drop-down list under Tag as, select one of the asset categories. (e.g. Direct Property)
3. Select to finalise.
Note: Custom Tags can also be attached to the investment. For more information on how to create a custom tag, click here.
Method 2. Asset Allocation
1. Navigate to Investments from the Main toolbar and select Investment Security List.
2. Search for the security from the search bar to locate the security and select Edit.
3. Under Asset Allocation tab, select Add Allocation,
4. On the prompted page, key in a specific percentage for different asset categories (Note: the total needs to add up to 100%). Select Save to finalise and this asset allocation will be reflected in the Detailed Investment Strategy Comparison Report.
Method 1 - System and/or Custom Tag from Chart of Accounts will take priority over Method 2 - Asset Allocation. As a result, the chart of account tag will overwrite the asset allocation percentage where inconsistent.
Investments - Other Type
Investments displayed under the "Other" column, may not have a tag or asset allocation set (see above)
Investments that are attached against a Custom Tag will also be displayed under the "Other" column
Q. The Investment Strategy Comparison Report is showing decimal values for a disposed investment. How can I fix this?
Firstly, determine what investment is incorrectly showing on the report. Then, ensure the investment is tagged appropriately.