Funds can be migrated to Simple Fund 360 when completed at 30 June of the most recently processed financial year. It is important to note that funds cannot be migrated midway through the data entry of a financial year as this will fail validation and require for the current period transactions to be removed.
It is recommended to check that any future period transactions exist after the completion of the Balance Forward process.
Post Balance Forward, in Simple Fund Desktop, from the Ribbon Toolbar select Fund Data Input and then select Transactions.
In the Transactions screen, the only journals that are allowed for the current period are the 1/7 balance forward journals. These can be distinguished by the Narration “Fund Ledger Balance Forward at 1/7 of the current financial year”.
If you have any other transactions displaying in the list, then you have the following options available:
- If you are using the BGL Bank Data and Contract Note service in Simple Fund Desktop, you can remove the future period transactions in Simple Fund and migrate your fund (BGL recommends completing a fund backup prior to deleting any transactions). Once the fund is migrated, you can then re-request the bank and contract note data directly into Simple Fund 360. Refer to Bank Data Re request and CSV uploads.
- For clients who setup data feeds for the Bank Data Service under the Simple Fund 360 Inactive feature in Desktop, transactions can be re-requested into the ledger from the date of feed commencement. Refer to Bank Data Re request and CSV uploads.
- If you have input bank statement transactions manually in Simple Fund, you can export these transactions into a CSV file; Once exported remove the future dated transactions from Simple Fund and then migrate the fund to Simple Fund 360 (BGL recommends completing a fund backup prior to removing any transactions). Once migrated, you can import the CSV data into Simple Fund 360. Refer to Migration - How to export a CSV for future period transactions.
- If you have a significant amount of transactions recorded and allocated for the period you can wait until the next financial year has been finalised to 30 June and then migrate to Simple Fund 360.
- Finally, if you have a few journals posted these can be deleted and then re-input manually in Simple Fund 360 post migration. Common examples of these journals include 1/7 commutations.
Once you have taken the appropriate course of action, the fund will be ready for migration.
Navigate back to Simple Fund Desktop Transition Guide