When migrating a fund I receive the following validation error in the utility: "Exception: could not import chart of accounts (the account should not link to itself)".
This error is flagged in the utility if an account in the Simple Fund Desktop Chart of Accounts is linked to itself. The account(s) will be displayed (for example 782/002).
- Take note of the listed accounts and exit the utility.
- In Simple Fund Desktop, select the fund from Fund Selection and from the Ribbon Toolbar select Fund Data Input | Chart of Accounts.
- Select and Edit the first account flagged by the migration utility and then select the Linked Accounts (Chain) icon.
- Remove the account link to itself and select an appropriate alternative account.
In the above example the Investment Expense account was linked back to the investment account. This will need to be changed to another account such as 375/XXX.
- Select the Save icon twice (once in linked accounts and once in the Edit Account screen and complete the above steps for the remaining accounts flagged. Re-migrate when all accounts are corrected.