BGL has integrated with CommSec, providing users with a daily data feed.
The following information is imported through the data feed:
- Investment movements (purchases and disposals)
- Historical balances (Full transaction history will not be available)
There is no charge for this service, however, authority needs to be granted to activate this feed in Simple Fund 360. Once authority is granted, activation can take up to five to ten business days for data to be uploaded into Simple Fund 360.
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Connect.|
|Select Feed Management from the list.||
Select the Wraps and Platforms Global tab.
1. From the Wrap and Platform Global tab, select
2. Select CommSec as the Feed Provider
3. Input the Account ID
The Account ID will be the Trading Account Number issued by CommSec
4. Input the Do not import date before and Do no import date after if applicable
Note: If data has been entered manually for this feed prior to its activation, input a Do not import data before date in the relevant field to the last date of manual data entry.
5. Grant Authority for the feed
Authority must be granted before the CommSec feed can commence. Please email the CommSec authority form to CommSecTechSupport@cba.com.au. The authority form can be obtained via the Wrap Feed Setup screen.
6. Select Save.
This step will need to be completed for each fund that will be using the CommSec feed in Simple Fund 360
Once the feed has been saved, the feed will appear with the status Awaiting Transactions, with the toggle set to On. Do not switch this off.
Simple Fund 360 will automatically load transactions from the date of activation. Activation can take up to five to ten business days for data to be uploaded into Simple Fund 360. Once activated, the feed will appear with the status Feed Operating.
Note: Cash transactions are not imported through the CommSec feed. A separate source such as the BGL Bank Data Service can be used to import the bank data.
The re-request function can only be used to import transactions from the date the CommSec feed began operating for the fund.
1. From within the Wraps and Platforms Global tab, select the fund(s) to complete the re-request for.
2. Select the Re-request transactions button that has appeared at the top of the screen.
3. From the Re-Request Transactions screen, input the dates Do Not Load Before (earliest import date) and Do Not Load After (last import date). Transactions within this date range will be requested and imported from CommSec.
4. Select Re-request.
1. What is the turnaround time for data to be uploaded into Simple Fund 360?
Once the feed is activated, the turnaround time for data to be uploaded into Simple Fund 360 is is five to 10 business days.
2. How will transactions be coded?
All investment transactions will be allocated to the correct account in Simple Fund 360. For purchases of new investments not previously held by the fund, new accounts will be created, and transactions will be automatically allocated.
3. Which transactions will be matched?
Investment transactions (purchases and disposals) will be automatically matched to their corresponding cash transactions by Simple Fund 360 if those cash transactions are loaded through a bank feed such as the BGL Bank Data Service