The Fund Pension Policies screen allows you to request an Actuarial Certificate directly from Apricot Actuaries (formerly A.S.A.P.) and enter the non-deductible expense proportions for a fund.
Important Prerequisites to use the Actuarial Wizard
- Enter all transactions for the financial year.
- Member(s) have been converted to pension mode.
- Fund relationships for the Trustee and Tax Agent have been entered.
- Fund Details have been entered (ABN, TFN etc).
- Create entries is not required to be processed to the end of the year.
|From the Main Toolbar, go to Member.||
|Select Fund pension policies from the list.||
Requesting an Actuarial Certificate from Apricot Actuaries
- Select + New Actuarial Certificate.
- The fund's current financial year will pre-fill. Select Request Actuarial Certificate to open the Actuary Wizard.
- Select Apricot Actuaries as the provider and click Next.
- Complete and Review your contact details.
This section will pre-fill based on your current SF360 license details. However, they are editable if required. Also input any additional comments on your application, including any sections of the information that you may be uncertain of. This information will be transmitted to Apricot Actuaries along with the application. Click Next to proceed.
Confirm Segregation Eligibility (This will only display for 2018 and later Financial years.
From 01 July 2017, the ATO has determined that for any portion of an income year where an SMSF's assets are held solely to meet super income stream liability benefits (i.e. any period that the SMSF is in 100% pension phase) the SMSF trustee is required to calculate its ECPI for that portion of the income year using the segregated method. This applies for even part of an income year, which will result in the year being part segregated and part unsegregated.
Furthermore, from 1 July 2017, a fund cannot have any assets classified as segregated at any time during a particular financial year if at the previous 30 June:
- any member had a total superannuation balance of more than $1.6 million (and remember, total superannuation balance includes not just the balance in the SMSF but all superannuation in every fund to which the member belongs), and
- any of those members with more than $1.6 million also had a retirement-phase pension from any fund (not necessarily this SMSF).
If a fund cannot be classified as segregated, it simply means it cannot claim its tax exemption on a segregated basis. The fund is still eligible for an exemption but under the Unsegregated method.
The member's TSB as at 30 June of the previous Financial Year will display. You will need to confirm to Apricot Actuaries whether or not the fund is eligible to use the segregated method or not. If no is selected the fund will automatically use the Unsegregated method for the entire Financial Year.
Click Submit to Actuary.
This will send the required data from BGL to the Apricot Actuaries automatically
Select Click here to complete your application and Apricot Actuaries' website will open in a new tab for you to complete your application.
Apricot Actuaries will not review any of the information sent until you confirm the application on their website.
Log in or RegisterLog In with your User Name and Password. If this is your first time accessing the apricot Actuaries portal, you will need to register an account.
Review the Data
All the relevant fund details will pre-fill into Apricot Actuaries' online application form. If there are any issues with the application, error messages will appear.
The Apricot Actuaries order process consists of four steps. For simple cases, you will receive your certificate instantly. If Apricot Actuaries need to make assumptions these will be shown for you to review before you receive your certificate instantly. If there are issues Apricot Actuaries need to discuss with you, their will be in touch before your certificate is issued.
Carefully review the data and then select Submit to proceed to the Summary Screen.
Select Payment Option
On the next screen select your payment option, complete the necessary details and click Request Certificate.
The confirmation tab will then display.
Apricot Actuaries Support Material
Please find the following resources to assist your transition to Apricot Actuaries:
- Read our 'Navigate the new ECPI rules with A.S.A.P.' article
- Unsure if an actuarial certificate is required? Our 2017/18 Actuarial Certificate Wizard can help
- View some helpful legislation references
Apricot Actuaries has an actuary on-site to assist with any queries. Contact us on 03 6240 1575 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further support.
Receiving the Actuarial Certificate and Certificate Status not updating
After processing your payment, you will receive the actuarial certificate via email (sent to the nominated email address).
You will need to ensure that the Pension Policy in SF360 reflects the official tax-exempt percentage issued by Apricot Actuaries.
Amending an Actuarial Certificate
How do I prepare amended actuarial certificates for Apricot Actuaries?
If you need to prepare an amended certificate:
- Make any necessary changes to the fund information (transactions);
- Re-request an actuarial certificate completing the steps above;
- SF360 will prepare an amended actuarial certificate for the fund to be sent to the specified email address.
You will not receive an additional invoice from Apricot Actuaries and SF360 will recognise the certificate as an amendment.