For Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) how do I set-up WinAuth?
WinAuth is a simple, portable and open-source application which supports different two-step authentication apps like Google Authenticator, Microsoft, etc. You can download the application from its official website.
Once you have installed WinAuth, the instructions to use WinAuth for MFA are:
- Sign into Simple Fund 360 navigate to your user profile (select the person icon in the top right-hand corner).
- Under the Authentication App option, select Set Up. Simple Fund 360 will display a QR code and a secret key on the screen.
- Open WinAuth
- Under the Authentication App option, select Set Up.
- Click the Add button in the main WinAuth window
- Choose “Authenticator” as the type of Authenticator you need.
4. Enter a name e.g. "BGL 360"
5. From User Profile screen in Simple Fund 360, copy and paste the “secret key” into the next field.
6. Click the Verify Authenticator button to check the key is valid and you will see the first code
7. In Simple Fund 360, input the verification code generated in the authentication app and select Next.
8. Input your mobile phone number. Note: If you have not set up the SMS Text option for MFA, your mobile number will only be used for account recovery purposes.
9. Select Finish to complete the MFA set up.
10. In WinAuth, click the OK button to save the authenticator.
Note with Multi-factor authentication (MFA), one factor is the device you want to log in with, and another factor is the device you use to generate codes. If you're generating codes on the same device you're logging in on (Desktop App such as WinAuth), your account will not be as secure as one which uses a separate device.