This help article is designed to help you import investments into Simple Fund 360 via a daily data feed from Crestone Wealth Management.
1. Navigate to the Wraps and Platforms Global tab by hovering the mouse over Connect and selecting Feed Management. From the Feed Management screen, select the Wraps and Platforms Global tab.
|From the Main Toolbar, hover the cursor over Connect.|
|Select Feed Management from the list.||
Select the Wraps and Platforms Global tab.
2. From the Wrap and Platform Global tab, select the (+) Setup button. .
|Click on the (+) Setup button|
3. Enter the Feed details.
- Fund: Your current fund will be selected by default.
- Feed Provider: Select ‘Crestone Wealth Management’
- External Account ID: Input the fund’s Crestone Portfolio Number
- Bank Account: Select your primary Crestone cash account
- Do not import data before date: Input the last date of any data that was manually entered prior to feed activation.
4. Download the pre-filled Authority Form
|Click on the Download Form button|
Please send the completed authority form to Crestone (Client.Services@crestone.com.au)
Submitting a signed form with one portfolio code will activate that portfolio plus any other portfolio linked with that SMSF/client.
You still need to setup the other portfolios as separate feeds in SF360, but only one signed form with one portfolio number is required.
5. Advanced settings
Bank Account Settings: For any Bank Account, please enter in the relevant Bank Code into the Security Code field. This will allow the feed to identify and post transactions to the correct existing account. For more information on Account Mapping, click here.
Non-margin lending AUD cash accounts use the bank code MACC.CMA.AUD
Margin lending AUD cash accounts use the code MACC.CA.AUD.
For foreign cash accounts, replace the AUD with the foreign currency e.g. MACC.CMA.USD.
Portfolio Settings: Enter the Crestone Portfolio Number into the Portfolio Code field next to any bank or investment account that is associated with this feed. For more information on Account Mapping, click here.
If you do not set this up, the feed will automatically create new accounts and you might end up with duplicate accounts.
6. Select Save to finalise the Feed Setup.
|Click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen|
Type of data:
The following information is imported through the data feed:
- Investment movements (purchases and disposals)
- Income transactions (dividends, distributions and bank interest)
- Bank transactions
- Foreign holdings and foreign currency data is also imported via the Crestone feed
- Assuming the authority form is correctly filled out and signed, it should take 1-2 business days for the feed to be activated by Crestone.
- Any SMSF that has multiple portfolio numbers only needs to include one of those portfolio numbers on the signed form. Crestone will automatically add any other linked client portfolio numbers to the feed.
- Crestone do not currently provide AMIT as a stand alone item in the feed. AMIT is included under the Tax Deferred amounts. Please be aware of this when reconciling your income data.
- It is critical that any existing bank or investment accounts are setup correctly with their relevant portfolio number entered in the Feed Setup screen.
Please refer to the Setup/Authority Process tab for further information.
Failure to do this before activating the feed may result in duplicate accounts being created.
Daily automated feed:
The Crestone feed will be automatically imported into SF360 daily.
Note: Balance data will only update if there is a corresponding transaction on that particular date.
The re-request function can be used to import historical transactions.
1. From within the Wraps and Platforms Global tab, select the fund(s) to complete the re-request for. .
2. Select the Re-request transactions button that has appeared at the top of the screen.
3. From the Re-Request Transactions screen, input the dates Do Not Load Before (earliest import date) and Do Not Load After (last import date). Transactions within this date range will be requested and imported.
4. Import the transactions from the chosen date range.
Crestone have informed BGL that the 18/19 distribution tax data is finalised in the feed.
Crestone are working towards automating this for the 19/20 year.
How will transactions be coded?
All cash and investment transactions will be allocated to the correct account in Simple Fund 360. For purchases of new investments not previously held by the fund, new accounts will be created and transactions will be automatically allocated.
How do I setup the bank accounts related to the feed?
In Advanced Settings in the Feed Setup screen, ensure to add the bank code next to the relevant account's Security Code field.
Non-margin lending AUD cash accounts use the code MACC.CMA.AUD
Margin lending AUD cash accounts use the code MACC.CA.AUD.
For foreign cash accounts, replace the AUD with the foreign currency
e.g. a USD non-margin lending account would be MACC.CMA.USD.
Why are duplicate accounts being created in my Chart of Accounts?
You need to ensure you have entered the Portfolio Number next to the relevant accounts in the Advanced Settings in the Feed Setup screen.
When importing data, the system will try to identify the correct account based on the Portfolio Number. If the Portfolio Number does not exist for that bank account/investment, the system will automatically create a new account.
Which transactions will be matched?
Investment transactions (purchases and disposals) will be automatically matched to their corresponding Cash transactions by Simple Fund 360. Dividends and distributions will be matched to account 23900 and 23800 respectively during upload using the ASX codes. Interest income will also be automatically coded to the linked 25000 interest account.
Can historical transactions prior to the feed activation be uploaded?
Yes. Historical transactions are requested upon feed activation for Simple Fund 360. Perform a transaction re-request to obtain historical data.
What is the turnaround time for feed commencement once authority has been provided to Crestone?
Assuming the authority form is correctly filled out and signed, it should take 1-2 business days for the feed to be activated by Crestone.