Contact integration is now available between:
- Simple Fund 360 and GreatSoft;
- CAS 360 and GreatSoft;
- Simple Fund 360, CAS 360 and GreatSoft.
Simple Fund 360's integration with GreatSoft Practice Management allows users to easily manage clients, contacts, and staff seamlessly.
GreatSoft Practice Management is a scalable solution designed for progressive accounting firms to improve efficiency and practice profitability.
GreatSoft enables firms to manage staff, clients and jobs in one database and uses APIs to integrate with your choice of compliance, document management, workflow, CRM and other cloud practice solutions, to provide a single view of the client and a single source of truth.
How does this integration work?
BGL has developed a two-way integration that synchronises contacts in CAS 360 and/or Simple Fund 360 with your clients in GreatSoft. When a change is made to contact, these details are updated for all products.
The following Entity types from GreatSoft are supported and synchronised with Simple Fund 360 upon integration.
This Entity Type will match with the Simple Fund 360 Individual Contact type.
Note: The Entity must have a Name, Address, City and Postcode recorded in GreatSoft or it will not be imported.
|Company (Corporate Trustee)||
This Entity Type will match with the Simple Fund 360 Company Contact type.
Note: The Entity Type must have an ACN, Name, Address, City and Postcode recorded in GreatSoft or it will not be imported.
Before activating your integration, it's best to take the time to ensure you have attended to all the prerequisites.
To assist you with this process, we have created you a checklist (see attached) to go through some key areas.
One of the main areas to be reviewed is your Simple Fund 360 & CAS 360 contact database and it is better to do these separately. Differences between the contacts in Simple Fund 360 and CAS 360 may result in duplicates.
For GreatSoft, all clients will be synced with all contacts in Simple Fund 360 and/or CAS 360. We advise you to complete the following in GreatSoft:
In order to export a contact report from GreatSoft, follow the steps below.
- Select Reports on the top toolbar
- Select Client under Report Category and click on Client Listing. Users can also save Client Listing under Favorites and access from Shortcuts section on the left next time.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Show Report
4. Select Export from the drop-down menu to export the report.
GreatSoft URL. (e.g. https://BGLtest.gscrmonline.com)
Your GreatSoft URL is the login address you use to log into the GreatSoft software.
Once the URL is obtained, please follow the steps below to complete the integration:
1. Hover over the App Switcher icon and select BGL API (You may be prompted to log in. If so, enter your Simple Fund 360 log in details)
2. After logging into BGL API, select Integrations. Under Integrations, select Practice Management.
3. Click on the Settings icon for GreatSoft Cloud.
4. Enter your GreatSoft URL and select Save.
If correctly entered, your URL will be saved.
5. Select Connect to Greatsoft Cloud.
Users will be required to enter their login credentials to GreatSoft.
6. Once logged in, select Allow Access.
7. Select Connect GreatSoft with BGL.
8. Select Authorise to proceed.
9. Once authorised, users will be back on the API page. Toggle on Contacts and select Save to finalise.
Integration Sync Process
Once the initial integration is complete, the BGL integration database will go through the contact sync process.
Using a matching algorithm, the sync process will locate all matches and sync the contacts together. If there are any discrepancies with the matching algorithm, these will be flagged as duplicates to be resolved.
|Ignore||The syncing process will continue|
|Review||The syncing process will stop and a report will be downloaded for users to review duplicate contacts|
in the Contact screen
Duplicate contacts among the software will also be listed during the integration allowing you to resolve them on screen. Select Click here to proceed with the review.
Contacts will need to be reviewed and the correct contact can be selected using Keep this option. Select Confirm to keep the correct record and consolidate the incorrect one. Select Keep Both if users want to retain both two contacts.
Once all duplicates are resolved, the integration will be finalised.
Upon the initial integration, changes made to contacts will be updated in the database among these software as detailed below:
Update a Contact's details
Contact changes made to individuals and companies will be updated among all three, namely CAS 360, SF 360 and GreatSoft, while changes made to Partnerships, Trusts and SMSFs will be reflected in CAS 360 and GreatSoft only. Where address and name changes occur for a client, CAS 360 will prepare the required ASIC forms.
Simple Fund 360
Update a Contact's details
Contact changes made to individuals and companies will be updated among all three, namely CAS 360, SF 360 and GreatSoft. Where address and name changes occur for a client, CAS 360 will prepare the required ASIC forms.
Update a Client's details
Client changes made to individuals and companies will be updated among all three, namely CAS 360, SF 360 and GreatSoft, while changes made to Partnerships, Trusts and SMSFs will be reflected in CAS 360 and GreatSoft only. Where address and name changes occur for a client, CAS 360 will prepare the required ASIC forms.
How do I know that a change has been made automatically?
Simple Fund 360 and CAS 360 will present you with any changes made via the Notification function.
Once the initial data sync is run, the database will be connected.
- Changes made in SF 360 & CAS 360 will immediately be reflected in GreatSoft
- Changes made in GreatSoft will immediately be reflected in SF 360 & CAS 360
When are Notifications presented to the user?
Changes made in CAS 360/Simple Fund 360/GreatSoft to client data other than name information will flow through and automatically update the data. No notification will be shown.
If a change is made to a contact's name, the user will be notified through the Simple Fund 360/CAS 360 Notification icon.
If a change is made to a contact's address, the user will be notified through the CAS 360 Notifications icon only.
1. I don’t have permission to access Apps and start the integration process.
- Under Settings, select User Roles.
- This will take you to the Firm Setting screen, please change the Application drop-down to Access 360.
- From here, please then ensure that the Apps and Integrations toggle is switched on.
2. Do I need to complete the duplicate resolution immediately?
Yes. The integration sync will only begin once you have resolved all potential duplicates flagged by the system. The longer you leave the duplicates to sit as pending review, the more likely you are to have duplicate records imported into either platform.
3. During the duplicate process, if I choose one record to keep – What happens to the other record?
The record you choose not to keep will NOT be saved. For example, if the record you keep is missing an email address and the record you choose not to keep has an email address, then the email will NOT be merged into the record you choose to keep.
Note: New features to allow missing data to merge are work in process.
4. Can the integration be reversed?
No, but it can be switched off at any time. For further information, please contact BGL Support on 1300 654 401.
5. Which fields integrate?
Fields that integrate are:
- First Name
- Date of Birth