For any SMSFs that have been previously registered for SuperStream using the integration between Australia Post (AUSPOSTSMSF) and Simple Fund 360, and wish to move to the BGL ESA (BGLSF360) please follow the steps below:
Note: The BGLSF360 ESA is free of charge when registering directly with Simple Fund 360.
|From the Main Toolbar navigate to Connect.||
|Select Superstream Dashboard||
Select ALL Funds
Tick the checkbox next to the fund(s) that have been registered with Australia Post (ESA: AUSPOSTSMSF)
You can quickly filter your fund list based on the fund ESA.
Simply click on the ESA column header to view your filter options.
Select Change ESA
Simple Fund 360 will cancel the Australia Post registration and register your fund with the new BGL Electronic Service Address.
Important: Please ensure the SMSF’s details (including its bank account), ESA and members details are up to date in Simple Fund 360 and matches ATO’s records prior to initiating a rollover request. The process involves an obligation to perform checks on the receiving fund and member’s details including the ESA matches those held by the ATO. A unique bank account (not a tax agent's bank account) is recorded with the ATO.
Following the registration, it is recommended that you contact the SMSF trustees and inform them of the new Electronic Service Address (ESA) using the Trustee Notification Letter. You will also be able to provide them with the necessary information to pass on to their employers using the Employer Notification Letter.
How to Generate Notification Letters
You can generate Trustee Notification and Employer Notification Letters through Simple Fund 360 to send to the trustees to advise them about the SuperStream requirements:
- From the Main Toolbar, select Connect.
- Select the SUPERSTREAM REGISTRATION tab.
- Select Notification Letters.
- You will be directed to the Reports screen. Select the SuperStream Report Pack. The Trustee Notification Letter and Employer Notification Letter can now be generated. If your firm does not have this report pack (as a user may have removed it) the letters are available for adding under Letters/Minutes.
- Select OPTIONS | DOWNLOAD PDF. To download both letters, select Download Report Pack.
- Alternatively, select OPTIONS | DOWNLOAD WORD, if you wish to customise the letter. See the Custom Reports help for more information on how to customise reports.
Congratulations on successfully registering, your final step is to ensure the details of the SMSF in Simple Fund 360 are accurate and match what's recorded with the ATO.
- Member and trustee details;
- SMSF Bank Account Details.
- Electronic Service Address (ESA).
To notify the ATO of any changes please refer to the ATO Help.
Registered Tax Agents can update the SMSF details via Online Services for Agents.