A new year-end automated feed from CFS Wrap has been added, automatically importing cash, investment and income data.
Contact Your Adviser:
Please contact your adviser to turn the feed on for 'BGL 360'. Please specify which funds that you wish to have a feed operating.
Steps to turn the feed on in the CFS Wrap platform:
- Support tools ->> Financial planning software feed ->> Request software feed
- Select 'BGL 360'
Note, currently CFS requires this step to be done once a year. It is recommended to wait until after all managed fund tax data is finalised before getting this turned on by your adviser.
1. Navigate to Feed Management:
|From the Main Toolbar, navigate to Connect.|
|Select Feed Management.||
Under the Wraps and Platforms section, select Setup.
2. From the Wrap and Platform Feed Management screen, Input the Feed Provider Details.
- Fund: Your current fund will be selected by default.
- Feed Provider: Select 'CFS Wrap'
- Account ID: Input the fund’s Account Number.
- Bank Account: Select your primary CFS Wrap cash account
- Do not import data before date: Input the last date of any data that was manually entered prior to feed activation.
3. Authority Process: To request authority please follow the instructions detailed on the first tab 'Authority Process'
4. Holding Account
Bank Account Settings:
For any Bank Account associated with this feed, please enter the relevant Bank Code into the Security Code field. This will allow the feed to identify and post transactions to the correct existing Bank account.
- APCS - use this code for the primary cash account
- CFSACA - use this code for the 'Accelerator Cash Account' (ACA)
For any fund that has managed accounts/ SMAs within the feed, please ensure to enter the managed account code into the Portfolio Code field next to each relevant holding.
This will allow the feed to identify and post transactions to the correct existing Bank or Investment account.
Please speak with your adviser if you are uncertain regarding the fund having managed accounts within the feed.
5. Select Save to finalise the Feed Setup.
|Click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen|
Type of data:
The following information is imported through the data feed:
- Investment movements (purchases and disposals)
- Income transactions (dividends, distributions and bank interest)
- Bank transactions
After your adviser turns on the feed, data should be available within 1-2 business days.
The CFS Wrap feed will be automatically imported into SF360.
Note: If you have set the feed up after the adviser has sent the data to BGL, please refer to the next step (re-request).
The re-request function can be used to import historical transactions.
1. From Feed Management.
|Locate the CFS Wrap Wrap and Select the Re-Request Transaction Button located under the Actions column.|
2. From the Re-Request Transactions screen, Input the dates Do Not Load Before (earliest import date) and Do Not Load After (last import date). Transactions within this date range will be requested and imported.
3. Import the transactions from the chosen date range.
CFS will send through the finalised income tax components at year-end. It is recommended to wait until all managed funds have finalised their data before asking your adviser to turn on the feed.
How will transactions be coded?
All cash and investment transactions will be allocated to the correct account in Simple Fund 360. For purchases of new investments not previously held by the fund, new accounts will be created and transactions will be automatically allocated.
How do I set up the bank accounts related to the feed?
In Holding Accounts screen, ensure to add the bank code next to the relevant account's Security Code field.
Cash Account Codes:
APCS - use this code for the primary cash account
CFSACA - use this code for the ‘Accelerator Cash Account' (ACA)
Which transactions will be matched?
Investment transactions (purchases and disposals) will be automatically matched to their corresponding Cash transactions by Simple Fund 360. Dividends and distributions will be matched to account 23900 and 23800 respectively during upload using the ASX codes. Interest income will also be automatically coded to the linked 25000 interest account.
Can historical transactions prior to the feed activation be uploaded?
Yes. Historical transactions are requested upon feed activation for Simple Fund 360. Perform a transaction re-request to obtain historical data.
What is the turnaround time for feed commencement once authority has been provided to CFS?
Once the adviser has turned the feed on at CFS's end, it should take 1-2 business days before BGL starts receiving data.
What are other white labels supported within the CFS Wrap feed?
- FirstWrap Plus
- Commonwealth Private Portfolio Service
- FinHQ Wrap I
- Investment Exchange
- Mercer Portfolio Service
- Northhaven Wrap
- Star Portfolio
- Symerty Portfolio Service
- Symetry Active
- Symetry Foundation