Using BGL technology you can now digitally sign custom reports that are uploaded as PDF documents.
- You can have up to a maximum of six contacts sign per document.
- You will be required to edit the documents to place anchor texts.
- For PDF documents, you will need either an Adobe Pro account or Adobe Pro DC account.
- The maximum file size that can be uploaded is 10MB.
- Up to 10 documents can be uploaded at once.
Step 1: Set up PDF Document
1. Open the PDF you wish to have digitally signed. Navigate to Forms and select Add or Edit Fields.
2. Click Add New Field and select Text Field
3. Input customsign1 as the field name and click on the PDF to exit.
You will be able to resize the signature box.
4. Save the PDF.
1. Open the third-party PDF.
2. Select Prepare Form
If the document has not been converted to a fillable form, it will prompt you to convert the file – you need to click ‘Start’
3. From Prepare Form, select Add a Text Field.
4. Enter the field name e.g. customsign1
5. Save the PDF.
1) When a PDF document requires six contacts to sign you will need to have 6 text fields created and placed in the PDF document.
When the document is uploaded and enabled for digital signing the system will recognise there are text fields in the document that requires 6 contacts to be selected.
Select the contact that needs to sign based on the text field placed in the pdf.
2. Same Contact to sign multiple places in the same document for pdfs.
For pdfs, you cannot have the same text field placed in multiple locations.
For example: if the contact needs to sign multiple positions, you cannot input customsign1 in multiple locations.
If you require the same contact to sign in multiple positions you need to create a unique text field that is linked to the same contact.
For each contact, you can add up to 9 text fields that will link to the same contact.
Contact James Anderson needs to sign 6 places in a single document and the text fields are created and placed as per the below.
Codes: customsign1, customsign1-1 and customsign1-2, customsign1-3, customsign1-4, customsign1-5
All text codes must be in lowercase and have no spacing.
Upload your Custom Letter/Report
Once you have finished a Custom Letter, you can upload it into Simple Fund 360.
- Select Custom Reports and then select Add Custom Report.
- Drag & drop the file onto the screen, or click Browse and select the custom report.
- Once uploaded, you can rename the custom report and choose to upload additional reports:
Click confirm once you have completed processing the reports. These will now appear on the reports screen under Custom Reports.
Note - Format of Uploaded Documents:
If the document uploaded is a PDF, only a PDF can be generated.
If a Word document is uploaded, the report can be generated in both a PDF and Word format.
Set Up Custom Reports for Digital Signing:
- Locate the report in the Reports screen and click Add To Pack:
- Select settings:
- A popup will display all fields you have added for digital signing in the custom report.
Enter a name to search the contacts list and select the relevant signatory for digital signing:
Note: Any email attached to contacts will prefill when the contact is selected.
- Click save. The custom report is now prepared for digital signing. Select Digital Signing to continue the process:
This will bring you to the digital signing screen. For further instructions, please see the instructions in the following article: Digital Signing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: No settings option appears for the PDF custom document uploaded / Settings option appears for the custom word document, but the signatory(ies) toggle is greyed out and not possible to toggle on.
- This happens when the uploaded PDF/Word document has no anchor text and are not enabled for digitally signing.
- Please review the following instructions in the relevant article to ensure the anchor text is input correctly: Word Documents / PDF Documents
Q: I have uploaded a custom PDF/Word document but I no longer need to get it digitally signed. How can I remove the digital signing option from the custom document?
- Select the custom document >> Settings >> toggle off signatories >> save.