The Xplore Wrap feed is now supported, automatically importing cash, investment and income data. This feed also includes foreign transactions.
Xplore Wealth also provides another feed. Check out: Xplore Wealth (IAS).
Contact Your Adviser:
Please contact your adviser to turn the feed on for 'BGL 360'. Please specify which funds that you wish to have a feed operating.
Note, it is recommended to wait until after all managed fund tax data is finalised before getting this turned on by your adviser.
1. Navigate to Feed Management:
|From the Main Toolbar, navigate to Connect.|
|Select Feed Management.||
Select the Wraps and Platforms section.
2. From the Wrap and Platform Global tab, select (+) Setup.
3. Input the Feed Provider Details.
- Fund: Your current fund will be selected by default.
- Feed Provider: Search and select ‘Xplore Wrap’.
- Account ID: Input the fund’s Xplore Wrap External Reference/Account ID.
- Bank Account: Select the Bank Account for the fund the authority is being granted for (authority will need to be granted for each bank account).
- Do not import data before date: Input the last date of any data that was manually entered prior to feed activation.
4. Authority Process: To request authority please follow the instructions detailed on the first tab 'Authority Process'
5. Holding Accounts
|Link Holding Accounts to Feed||Toggle ON to Link holding accounts to the Xplore Wrap feed, which ensures transactions from this feed are allocated to specific bank/investment accounts. This is particularly important if there are other feeds set up in the fund that have holding accounts that need to be kept separate from this feed’s holding accounts for reporting and CGT reasons.|
For any Bank Account associated with this feed, enter the relevant Bank Code into the Security Code field. This will allow the feed to identify and post transactions to the correct existing Bank account.
Investment Accounts that have been previously established in the Chart of Accounts will display. Input the Account No. as the Security Code for each investment.
AUD example - CASHAUD
Foreign cash example - CASH_USD
If you do not set this up, the feed will automatically create new accounts and you might end up with duplicate accounts.
4. Select Save to finalise the Feed Setup.
Once the feed has been saved, the feed will appear with the status Awaiting Transactions, with the toggle set to On. Do not switch this off.
Type of data:
The following information is imported through the data feed:
- Investment movements (purchases and disposals)
- Income transactions (dividends, distributions and bank interest)
- Bank transactions
- Foreign Transactions
All cash, income (dividends, interest, distributions), and investment transactions will be allocated to the correct account in Simple Fund 360. For purchases of new investments not previously held by the fund, new accounts will be created and transactions will be automatically allocated.
After your adviser turns on the feed, data should be available within 1-2 business days.
The Xplore Wrap feed will be automatically imported into SF360.
Note: If you have set the feed up after the adviser has sent the data to BGL, please refer to the next step (re-request).
The re-request function can be used to import historical transactions.
1. From Feed Management.
|Locate the Xplore Wrap and Select the Re-Request Transaction Button located under the Actions column.|
2. From the Re-Request Transactions screen, Input the dates Do Not Load Before (earliest import date) and Do Not Load After (last import date). Transactions within this date range will be requested and imported.
3. Import the transactions from the chosen date range.
Xplore Wrap will send through the finalised income tax components at year-end. It is recommended to wait until all managed funds have finalised their data before asking your adviser to turn on the feed.
Simple Fund 360 automatically updates wrap feed distribution transactions with their respective final tax components when the annual statement is made available.
For more information, please refer to Distribution transactions and tax components.
How will transactions be coded?
All cash and investment transactions will be allocated to the correct account in Simple Fund 360. For purchases of new investments not previously held by the fund, new accounts will be created and transactions will be automatically allocated.
How do I set up the bank accounts related to the feed?
In Holding Accounts screen, ensure to add the bank code next to the relevant account's Security Code field.
Which transactions will be matched?
Investment transactions (purchases and disposals) will be automatically matched to their corresponding Cash transactions by Simple Fund 360. Dividends and distributions will be matched to account 23900 and 23800 respectively during upload using the ASX codes. Interest income will also be automatically coded to the linked 25000 interest account.
Can historical transactions prior to the feed activation be uploaded?
Yes. Historical transactions are requested upon feed activation for Simple Fund 360. Perform a transaction re-request to obtain historical data.
What is the turnaround time for feed commencement once authority has been provided to Xplore Wrap?
Once the adviser has turned the feed on at Xplore's end, it should take 1-2 business days before BGL starts receiving data.